You know what we need? A whole chapter about weapons!
The narrative is already at a standstill. There does NOT NEED to be an entire chapter on weapons. Editing! You need it!
- Anita refers to this as ‘suiting up’. Lady, you ain’t Captain America, and this ain’t the Avengers.
- They pick up Olaf and Bernardo.
- They get body armour.
- It has to be explained to Anita why she might want to wear body armour.
- She has to be told yet again that Riker –
- – is essentially the local mob boss.
- Anita, you already had to fend off an attack from his private bodyguard army! Use your brain!
- Edward has grenades. Of course he has grenades.
- It has phosphorus in it.
- You are aware that’s breaking international law, right?
- It’s not cool. It’s an illegal chemical weapon.
- Edward has lots of James Bond style gadgets, insomuch as they all turn into weapons.
- I like James Bond. I don’t like this.
- Anita complains about being given weapons and how she has a ‘hairspray grenade’.
- Are you stupid? It fires out PHOSPHORUS. If you put that shit on your hair, you would DIE VERY PAINFULLY.
- Apparently, all female secret service agents have them. And they are all technically war criminals.
- The plan is that Anita is going to offer Riker a spell of protection, even though they’ve already been fighting and he knows they’re coming to get Donna’s children back.
- They storm a car and Edward promises to kill everyone.
This should have been completely removed from the book. I do not need to read about them all getting weapons. It is not necessary. It adds nothing. It is entirely pointless. It does nothing but slow down this already over-saturated mess.