Everyone melted into the woods like stones thrown on the surface of some dark lake.
I don’t call that melting. I call that plopping.
Even Ben, who was carrying Roxanne, had vanished.
Ok, let me get this straight.
- The enforcer, who is third in command, is relegated to the role of personal chauffeur.
- If the enforcer was, say, Richard, would he be sent to carry around women and not do anything?
- Oh, yeah, and why is Roxanne being carried around by a man?
- I’m sorry, did Anita I’m-just-a-plain-old-human-I’m-not-a-monster manage to injure a werewolf so badly that she has to be carried around?
- And if Ben has to carry Roxanne around, what is the point of either of them being here?
- They can’t possibly help the situation. They are nothing but a hindrance.
- In all, this fails.
Nathaniel hears someone in the bushes, and so they ferret him out.
It was Howard the psychic.
You made a big deal out of him being a clairvoyant. He even took a reading from an item of Anita’s. Being a psychic and being a clairvoyant are not the same thing. Consistency. DO YOU SPEAK IT?
Howard begs to not be murdered. Anita screams at him to try and work out if he raped Charlotte, but as he reminds her, he’s a clairvoyant and cannot bear to touch other people. So he can’t possibly rape her. Except that he could, with a foreign object. I wouldn’t imagine Anita to be able to even comprehend of such a concept, seeing as how black and white her views on sex are.
Anyway, Howard reveals that Niley and Linus are going to sacrifice Charlotte to raise a demon to search for the spear. Only that there is no spear for a demon to find by sacrificing Charlotte. Howard made his living by swindling cooks, only to get himself involved with Niley, who will kill him. You could have just told him it was in the Vatican, you know. I’d like to see Niley and Linus try and get into Vatican City. They would be hilariously destroyed. There’s no time to save either Daniel or Charlotte, as they’re both going to be killed.
Roxanne then pops up and goes ROOOOOOOAAAAARRRRRR and attacks Howard. Well, I guess she was…. useful.
There would be no choosing. No either/or. We would save them both.
I don’t like the look of that ‘either/or’ in text. It looks unprofessional and sloppy.
Anyway, Anita and Richard are running to save Daniel and Charlotte. The stakes never been higher. Or something.