Bloomin’ heck. I’ve only gone and been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by sarahgetscritical, a blog I’ve linked to before as being a very insightful and well-written blog on criticism of culture and current affairs. So if you didn’t check it out before, do it now.
As part of the award, I have to:
- Display the award logo on the blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated me.
- Share 7 things about myself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and link to them. I’ve done eight because
I’m lazyI mean, um, I think these eight really need highlighting.
Righto, seven facts about me.
- I have acquired a reputation for being brutally honest. I don’t mean to be, but I tend to be rather upfront without realising it. If I don’t like something, I will tell you and it’ll probably be harsher than I meant it to be.
- I’m cross-dominant. Basically, my brain’s wiring is all wrong, and the right side of my brain controls the right side of my body, and vice versa. It used to cause me a few problems, but it’s been fine for years.
- If you were to meet my dad, you would be surprised by how exactly the same we are. We have the exact same taste in things, the exact same sense of humour and we complain about all the same things.
- When I find things very funny, my laugh goes very high-pitched and sounds similar to a guinea pig.
- I still write fan fiction. I wrote a 100,000 word fan fiction this summer.
- I love knitting. I’m currently trying to work out how to knit 19th century stockings.
- I really like dollhouses. It’s a bit of a strange hobby, I admit, but I get to be anal about making my regency dollhouse as historical accurate as possible and that makes me very happy.
Righto, time to nominate other bloggers!
- Mark Reads – (it’s powered by wordpress, so it counts hopefully!) He was my inspiration for starting my blog, and his posts are always funny, witty and poignant.
- UberFriendship.com – (again, another powered by wordpress) Shaggy Reads Twilight is one of the funniest things I have ever listened to, and it earns money for good causes.
- Girl Meets Bulgaria – she’s simply charming, and each of her posts is a treat.
- Christian Mihai – he writes great posts on the art of writing.
- Cult of Otis – if you haven’t been converted, you should be. So sayeth Otis.
- Slightly Short Sighted – a bit of a cheat perhaps, as this blog is run by Ukulele Girl who films and directs my Supernatural reviews. She takes a look at classic novels, often providing a fresh insight into some rather stale texts.
- Mediaeval Musings – any history blog is great, but this one is very well reasearched and written, and I am in debt to their blog on the Welsh castles of Edward I.
- Dog Shaming – it frequently makes me cry with laughter, and when I’m living a long way away from my doggie at home, it reminds me of what wonderful, silly, and naughty things dogs can be.